Tipperary’s Liam O Meara scored his third Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league win of the season, taking the fourth leg of the series at Midleton in Co Cork on Sunday and adding to his FBD Speed Series win earlier in the day at the same venue.
O’Meara had already two Munster wins under his belt with Mr Coolcaum, but his latest win at Midleton came aboard Curraghgraigue Jack Take Flight, a gelding by Jacomar who is just seven-years-old. Cork’s Alan O Regan produced an excellent performance with Electric Feel to take runner-up spot, building on their fourth place finish in the previous round at Aglish. They pushed Francis Connors and Uskerty Diamond Lady into third place, but the points gained by Connors and Hilda Anthony’s mare mean they still top the leaderboard.
Philip Horgan and Cavalier Cruiser took fourth place, just ahead of Michael Ryan who finished fifth with Orlando du Trot, while William McDonnell and Pallas Big Diamond completed the top six.
The Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix league now takes a one week break, before resuming for the fifth round of the series at Balinamona, Co Waterford on June 7th.
Result – Connolly’s RED MILLS Munster Grand Prix League – Round 4 – Midleton Co Cork 24/05/2015
1. Liam O’Meara/Curraghgraigue Jack Take Flight 0/0 40.20
2. Alan O’Regan/Electric Feel 0/0 40.43
3. Francis Connors/Uskerty Diamond Lady 0/0 41.61
4. Philip Horgan/Cavalier Cruiser 0/0 41.98
5. Michael Ryan/Orlando du Trot 0/0 43.47
6. William McDonnell/Pallas Big Diamond 0/0 44.14
7. Francis Connors/Capital Cruise 0/0 50.48
8. Maura Counihan/Coral du Carel 0/4 44.23