The Connolly’s Red Mills International Spectacular was the highlight of day-two at Balmoral International Show, with victory going to British rider Laura Robinson with the 11-year-old gelding Jonti.
A truly international field saw four different nationalities represented in the top eight, with Britain filling the top two places, as Robert Bevis finished as runner-up with the nine-year-old mare Lady Maria.
Alexander Butler was the highest placed Irishman, coming home in third with Monastery Stud More Pleasure, while Egyptian rider Sameh El Dahan slotted into fourth with WKD Diva. Derry born Daniel Coyle and Fanadwest Rebel claimed fifth place just ahead of Douglas Duffin in sixth with Quidam BZ after picking up a single time fault in the opening round.
Francis Connors picked up two time penalties with Erne Lady Goldilocks to finish seventh, while Canadian rider Rebecca McGoldrick finished as fastest of the four-faulters in eighth place.
Connolly’s RED MILLS International Spectacular – Balmoral Show – Thursday 14/05/2015
Table A 1.45m One jump off against the clock. Total prize fund: £4,000
1. Laura Robinson(GBR)/Jonti 0/0 42.11
2. Robert Bevis/ Lady(GBR) Maria 0/0 42.99
3. Alexander Butler(IRL)/Monastery Stud More Pleasure 0/0 45.19
4. Sameh El Dahan(EGY)/WKD Diva 0/8 43.50
5. Daniel Coyle(IRL)/Fanadwest Rebel 0/12 45.05
6. Douglas Duffin(GBR)/Quidam B Z 1/ 87.16
7. Francis Connors(IRL)/Erne Lady Goldilocks 2/ 91.03
8. Rebecca McGoldrick(CAN)/Fleur IV 4/80.53